When you first get your Eggsbee, you will need to connect it to the Internet.
To set up Wi-Fi on your Eggsbee Base Module,
- Plug in your power adapter your device and your electrical outlet. The device should turn on automatically.
- The device will attempt to search for a known network. If it finds one and is able to connect successfully, the Internet connection indicator light (🪐) should turn green, and you're done! If it is yellow, that means the device is not connected, and proceed with the following step.
- Flip open the lid, and find your device ID number. It should be a string of letters and numbers.
- Use another device, i.e. mobile phone or computer, to connect to the network with the same name (SSID) as the device ID number.
- Open your browser application, such as Chrome or Safari, etc., and go to the address 192.168.4.1. The Wi-Fi set up page will appear and it will show two fields for you to enter your network SSID and password.
- Enter your SSID and password and press submit.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Power cycle your Eggsbee. (Unplug your device and plug it back in.)
- Your device's Internet connection indicator light should turn green.
If you have any issues in connecting your device to the Internet, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.